Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Rubbish Poetry

Language Features: Alliteration, metaphor, ellipses

Haiku:

Plastic ruins us
Our animals will soon die
If we do not stop

Acrostic:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Unique animals could die
Because of pollution
Bad things could happen
If we don’t stop
Sea animals could become extinct
Here is the chance to stop

Plastic kills animals
Or it releases diseases
Loads of rubbish is spread
Lots of it is in the sea
Unless we do something
To stop the plastic polluting
In a matter of no time
Our world could end at any minute
Now is the time to stop littering

Limerick:

There’s rubbish everywhere,
It could be in your hair,
Our animals will die,
With wind the rubbish can fly,
It really is a scare

Onomatopoeia Poetry:

Crunch, crunch, crunch,
The sound of a plastic wrap
Munch, munch

Metaphoric Poetry:

It is a disease,
It is a virus
It is a killer,
It is invincible,
It is a plane,
It is a polluter.

Poems with a twist:

Good people
Houses bright
Grass is green
Wind breeze relaxing
Birds tweeting

But rubbish hidden everywhere


Two weeks ago in Te Ngahere  we were learning to use the correct structure for a creative piece of writing. The theme had to be about rubbish, or Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. For language features I used: Alliteration, Metaphors, Ellipses and Onomatopoeia. I was working on these because I needed to evidence them. In my opinion I think I did well. Next time I think I need to work on Ellipses.

No comments:

Post a Comment